Data privacy statement
As of: 12/10/2018
In the following, we provide information in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, about what personal information we collect
- when you visit our website (www.macuwell.de),
- when you register as a customer or specialist,
- when you make an order via the webshop,
- when you pay using online payment services,
- when you use Google Maps, social media or video components which we have embedded on this website
(hereinafter referred to collectively as the “website”), for which purposes we use this information and how we use it to optimize our services for you.
1. Data controller
(1) The data controller pursuant to Art. 4 No. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Macuwell Deutschland GmbH
D-63619 Bad Orb,
hereinafter referred to as “Macuwell”, “we” or “us”. Find out more about the provider in our legal notice.
(2) You can contact the data controller as follows: datenschutzbeauftragter[at]macuwell.de or by post marked “FAO Data Controller”.
2. Provision of the website and logfiles
(1) If you are using the website purely for informative purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise send us information, we only collect the personal information automatically transferred to our server by your browser. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following information which we technically require in order to show our website to you and ensure its stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted
- Website from which the request was made
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) Users’ IP addresses are deleted or made anonymous upon termination of use. To make anonymous means to modify IP addresses in such a way that details of personal or material circumstances can no longer, or only with disproportionate investment of time, cost and labor be, attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
(1) In addition to the aforementioned logfile data, cookies are stored on your computer during your use of our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive by the browser you use and which allow information to be passed to the website that set the cookie (in this instance us). Cookies cannot execute programs or infect your computer with a virus. They are used to make the whole website more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, the extent and functioning of which will be described below:
- Session cookies (see b)
- Permanent cookies (see c).
b) Session cookies store a so-called session ID, to which various requests from your browser from a joint session are allocated. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser. When you re-open your browser and revisit the website, the website will not recognize you. You must log in again (if a login is required) or you must set your preferences again if the website offers these functions. A new session cookie will then be generated, which saves your information and remains active until you leave the site again and close your browser.
c) Permanent cookies are automatically deleted after a set period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
Performance (e.g. user’s browser) and setting
When our wensite is used, we set cookies (e.g. to recognize the browser) in order to improve its performance (e.g. faster loading of content). If you visit our website, your identified or self-selected country and language are stored in cookies to save you selecting them again on subsequent visits. First, a check is carried out to see if your browser supports cookies and this information is stored in an additional cookie. Then you are shown local contact information specific to your country and language, which are also stored. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
Identification and security cookies
Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
We use third-party analytical cookies to understand how visitors are using our website. This helps us to improve the quality and content of our site. The aggregated statistical information includes information such as the total number of visitors. We learn, for example, how often and in what order the individual pages are accessed and how much time on average visitors spend on our pages. We also learn whether users have already visited our website on a previous occasion. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR. For further information, see point 10 (Web analysis services).
Permanent cookies remain, but are automatically deleted after 2 years if the Macuwell site is no longer visited.
(4) Control over cookies
You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, for example, manage or block third-party cookies or all cookies according to your preferences. You can delete existing cookies via your browser settings. Please note that blocking cookies may result in you not being able to use all the functions of this website.
4. Registration function (webshop / access to specialists’ area)
(1) Macuwell provides a special retailer area with its own webshop for consumers. To be able to use the webshop, you first need to register. You can also register directly the first time you come to make an order. You will be asked to consent to the application of this data privacy statement and the General Terms and Conditions. Without your consent, you cannot register as a customer or complete the order process. Once you are registered, you can simply log in using the email address and password linked to your webshop account to make further orders, without having to enter your contact details again. Under My Account you have a range of different options such as My Orders or Personal Information. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
(2) You can also register on our website to use additional functions on the site. Specialists will be given access rights for this purpose. Once your authorization has been checked, you will be able to access the specialists’ area. We will provide you with the access information to log in. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(3) You will be advised of the mandatory information during the registration process. The data entered during the registration process will be used for the purpose of using the webshop. In addition, you may be informed by email of product or registration information, technical circumstances as well as products and offers, promotions or events. If you have closed your account, the information linked to your user account will be deleted, unless it needs to be kept under commercial or tax law pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c) GDPR.
(4) When using our login function and using your user account, we save the IP address and time of the respective user activity. This information is stored on the basis of our legitimate interests and those of the user to protect against abuse and otherwise unauthorized use. As a general rule, this information is not transmitted to third parties unless this is required to pursue our claims or there is a legal obligation to do so pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c) GDPR. The IP addresses are anonymized or deleted at the latest after 7 days.
5. Use of the Macuwell webshop
(1) If you would like to place an order in our webshop, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you provide the personal information that we need to process your order. To make an order, you are required to register (see clause 5). Mandatory information required for the processing of orders is marked as such, other information is optional. Your personal information is input into an entry field, transmitted to us and saved. When you make an order via our website, we first collect the following information:
- Title, first name, surname
- A valid email address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile)
This information is collected
- to be able to identify you as our customer
- to be able to process, fulfil and handle your order
- to contact you
- for billing purposes
- to process any existing liability claims and to assert any claims against you
- to ensure the technical administration of our website
- to manage our customer information.
You will be asked to consent to the processing of this information during the order process. Data on your order and/or registration is processed and is required pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR for the outlined purposes of adequate processing of your order and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations from the purchase agreement.
(2) If you buy our products or use our services, we may in future send you email alerts about similar goods or services from our product range. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Email alerts are sent in accordance with our data privacy statement. You can object to this at any time and ask to receive no further emails of this kind from us.
(3) Under commercial and tax law regulations, we are obligated to save your address, payment and order information for a period of ten years. However, once the statutory limitation periods have expired, we limit the processing of your information. In other words, your information is only used to adhere to legal retention requirements.
(4) The order process is encrypted using SSL technology to prevent unauthorized access by third parties to your personal information, particularly financial information.
6. Information disclosure
(1) We will only disclose your personal information to third parties who are service partners involved in the processing of your order, for example the logistics company contracted to deliver your order and the financial institution commissioned to handle payment matters or the online payment provider PayPal (see clause 7). In the event that your personal information is disclosed to third parties, the amount of information transmitted will, however, be kept to the required minimum.
(2) We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for purposes other than the aforementioned. In any instance, we only disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- you have given your express permission to do so pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c) GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary, pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding and legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your information,
- in cases where there is a legal obligation for the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. c) GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and necessary, pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR, for the settlement of the terms and conditions of the contract with you.
You will be asked to consent to the disclosure of your information to third parties during the order process (cf. clause 4 (1)).
7. Use of PayPal and PayPal PLUS as a method of payment
(1) If you decide during the order process to pay via the online payment service provider PayPal, your contact information will be disclosed to PayPal when triggered during the order process. PayPal is a service provided by PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. & Cie. S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg. PayPal thereby takes on the function of an online payment service provider and trustee and offers payment protection services.
(2) The personal information disclosed to PayPal mostly includes your first name, surname, address, telephone number, IP address, email address or other information necessary to process your order, as well as information associated with your order, such as number of items, product numbers, invoice amount and taxes in percent, billing information, etc.
(3) This disclosure is necessary to process your order using your selected payment method, in particular to verify your identity, and for the administration of your payment and customer relations. Please note, however, that PayPal may also disclose your personal information to service providers, subcontractors or other affiliated companies where this is necessary for the fulfilment of the contractual obligations arising from your order or where the personal information is to be processed on their behalf.
(4) Depending on the payment method selected via PayPal, e.g. invoice or direct debit instruction, the personal information disclosed to PayPal will be disclosed by PayPal to credit agencies. This disclosure is for the purposes of verifying your identity and creditworthiness in relation to the order you have transacted. To find out which credit agencies are involved and what information is generally collected, processed, stored and disclosed by PayPal, read PayPal’s data privacy statement at https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?locale.x=de_DE
8. Email contact
(1) We can be contacted using the email addresses provided. In such cases the user’s personal information transmitted with the email is stored. The information is used exclusively to process the request.
(2) The legal basis for the processing of the information transmitted through the use of the contact form or sending of an email is Art. 6 Para. 1 S.1 lit. f) GDPR. If the email is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, the legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
(3) We use the personal information from the entry field solely for the purposes of processing the contact. In the event that you contact us by email, the necessary legitimate interest in the information is also to process the data. Any other personal information processed during sending serves to prevent the misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our IT systems.
(4) The information is deleted once it is no longer necessary for achieving the purpose for which it was collected. With respect to the personal information from the entry field and that which is sent by email, this applies when the respective conversation with the user has ended. The conversation is considered terminated when it is clear from the circumstances that the situation concerned has been fully resolved. The additional personal information collected during sending will be deleted at the latest after a period of seven days.
9. Product and service information
81) For advertising purposes, i.e. emailing of product and service information, news, company information, invitations to trade fairs or events (hereinafter referred to as “product and service information”), we ask those interested to give their express consent and approval of this data privacy statement.
(2) We use a double opt-in process. That means that, following your registration, we send you an email to the email address indicated during registration, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to be sent product and service information by email. If you do not confirm your registration within 72 hours, your information will be inaccessible and deleted automatically after one month. In addition, we save the addresses you use each time and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this is to prove your registration and, as required, to be able to investigate any potential abuse of your personal information.
(3) Following your confirmation, we save your email address for the purpose of sending product and service information. The legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent and unsubscribe from product and service information emails at any time. You can revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in every email or by sending notice to this effect to the contact details indicated in the legal notice.
(5) We use Google Analytics to be able to analyze the use of our website and make regular improvements. Using the statistics generated, we are able to improve the experience we offer you as a user and make it more interesting. For the exceptional cases where personal information is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(6) Information of the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. Terms: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html,[SS1] overview of data privacy: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html,[SS2] and the data privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.[SS3]
a) Google Tag Manager
(1) This website uses Google Tag Manager, a component of Google Analytics. Tags are small code elements on our website which are used, among other things, to measure traffic and user behavior, to capture the impact of online advertising and social channels, for remarketing and targeting purposes and to test and optimize your website. Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows Macuwell to manage website tags via an interface. The Tag Manager tool itself (which implements the tags) is a cookie-free domain. The tool helps to trigger other tags that may collect information about you. Google Tag Manager does not access this information. If deactivation has been configured at the domain or cookie level, this will apply to all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
(2) You can find out more about Google Tag Manager online at: https://www.google.de/tagmanager/use-policy.html[SS4]
b) Google AdWords Retargeting
(1) Our pages also contain retargeting tags implemented by the company Google Inc. 600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Retargeting tags are implemented on the website using cookies and tracking pixels. If you visit our pages, the retargeting tags establish a direct connection between your browser and the Google server. This tells Google that you have visited our site using your device. As a result, the device you use can be added to a retargeting target group list. We can use the information obtained in this way to display adverts on websites that you access using your device. We would like to point out that we are not made aware, as the provider of the pages, of the content of information transmitted nor of its use by Google.
(2) You can find out more information on this in Google’s data privacy statement (http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/[SS5] ). If you do not wish to have your data collected as part of Google’s remarketing/retargeting service, you can set your preferences under “Google display options” (http://www.google.com/settings/ads) and on the website http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
c) Adobe Analytics
(1) These websites also use Adobe Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited (“Adobe”). Adobe Analytics uses “cookies” − text files that are stored on your computer to analyze your use of the website. If the information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is transferred to an Adobe server, settings are configured to ensure that your IP address is anonymized prior to geolocation and replaced with a generic IP address prior to being stored. On behalf of the operator of this website, Adobe will use this information to evaluate visitors’ use of the website in order to generate reports about website activities and provide additional services to the website operator that are associated with your use of the website and the Internet.
(2) The IP address given by your browser as part of the Adobe Analytics service will not be merged with other Adobe data.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by configuring the appropriate settings in your web browser. Please note that if you do so, you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of this website.
(4) In addition, you can prevent Adobe from recording information connected to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) and from processing this information by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available via the following link: http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html[SS6].
(5) Information of the third-party provider: Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited, 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus Dublin 24, Republic of Ireland. Features of Adobe Analytics: https://www.adobe.com/de/analytics/adobe-analytics-features.html[SS7]
11. Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the Google Maps service on this website. This allows us to display interactive maps to you directly on the website and to enable you to easily use the map function.
(2) Google is informed when you have accessed the respective subpage of our website. The information listed under clause 3 of this statement is also transferred. This takes place irrespective of whether you have a Google user account which you are logged in to or whether you have no account. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish for your information to be assigned to your Google profile, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your information as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or to make its website more responsive to demand. Such an evaluation serves in particular (even for users not logged in) to deliver needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the building of this user profile; you must contact Google in order to assert this right.
(3) For further information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider, please see the data privacy statements of the provider. There you will also find further information on your rights regarding this and on the configuration options for protecting your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy[SS8]. Google also processes your personal information in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
12. Social media
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, LinkedIn & Xing. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in from the mark on the box, their starting initials or the logo. Using the button we give you the opportunity to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in. Only when you click on the corresponding field to activate it is the plug-in provider informed that you have accessed the respective page on our online website. The information listed under clause 3 of this statement is also transferred. In the case of Facebook and LinkedIn, according to the details provided by the respective provider in Germany, the IP address is immediately anonymized once collected. By activating the plug-in, personal information about you is transferred to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (with US providers in the USA). As the plug-in provider usually collects the information using cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via the security settings of your browser before clicking on the grayed-out box.
(2) We have no influence over the data collected and data processing procedures, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes of processing or the storage periods. We also have no information about how the plug-in provider deletes the information collected.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the information collected about you as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or to make its website more responsive to demand. Such an evaluation serves in particular (including for users not logged in) to display needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the building of this user profile; you must contact the respective plug-in provider in order to assert this right. Using the plug-ins, we offer you the option to interact with the social networks and other users so that we can improve the experience we offer you as a user and make it more interesting. The legal basis for the use of plug-ins is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
(4) Information is transferred irrespective of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in to this account. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, your information collected from our website will be directly assigned to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, for example, link the site, the plug-in provider also saves this information to your user account and shares this publicly with your contacts. After using a social network, we recommend that you regularly log out, particularly before activating the button, as this will enable you to prevent the allocation of this information to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) For further information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider, please see the data privacy statements of these providers given below. There you will also find further information on your rights regarding this and on the configuration options for protecting your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs with their data privacy policies:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information about data collection: http.//www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.faceb-ook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.face-book.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework
13. Integration of YouTube videos and Instagram
Use of YouTube
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos in our website, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and directly playable from our website. These are all embedded in “privacy-enhanced mode”, which means that no information about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos is the information listed in clause 2 transferred. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) YouTube is informed when you have accessed the respective subpage of our website. The information listed under clause 3 (visit to the website) of this statement is also transferred. This takes place irrespective of whether you have a YouTube user account which you are logged in to or whether you have no account. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish for your information to be assigned to your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your information as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or to make its website more responsive to demand. Such an evaluation serves in particular (even for users not logged in) to deliver needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the building of this user profile; you must contact YouTube in order to assert this right.
(3) For further information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube, please see the data privacy statement. There you will also find further information on your rights and on the configuration options for protecting your privacy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy[SS9]. Google also processes your personal information in the USA and is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
Use of Instagram
(2) To prevent Instagram from being able to assign your visit to our site to your Instagram account, you must log out of your Instagram account before visiting our website.
14. Links to third-party websites
The links published on our website have been researched and compiled with great care. However, we have no influence over the current or future design and contents of the linked sites. We are not responsible for the contents of the linked sites and we do not adopt the contents of these sites as our own. The providers of linked websites alone are responsible for unlawful, faulty or incomplete contents and for damages arising from the use or misuse of the information. In accordance with the applicable statutory provisions of the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz; TMG), we are only liable for third-party information if we have positive knowledge of it, that is, of potentially illegal or prosecutable contents, and it is technically possible and within reason to prevent the use of such contents.
15. Automated decision-making
We do not, as a general rule, use fully automated decision-making pursuant to Article 22 GDPR to establish and implement the business relationship.
In order to provide you with targeted information and advice on our products, we engage service providers to provide web analysis tools, particularly tracking technology, on our behalf. This allows us to communicate and advertise in a needs-based manner. Please refer to clause 9, Web analysis services.
17. Your rights
If personal information about you is processed, you are the data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and you have the following rights against us as the data controller. If you wish to assert your rights or require further information, please contact us or our data privacy officer:
a) Rights pursuant to Art. 15 et seq. GDPR
(1) You have the right of access pursuant to Article 15 GDPR. Subject to certain legal conditions, you have the right to rectification pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing pursuant to Article 18 GDPR and the right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Article 17 GDPR. You also have the right to receive the data provided by you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (right to data portability) pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, provided the processing is carried out by automated means and is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a) or Art. 9 Para. 2 lit. a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
b) Revocation of consent pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR
If the processing is based on a consent, you can revoke the consent to our processing of your personal information at any time. Please note that the revocation only has future effect. Processing that has taken place before the revocation is hereby unaffected.
c) Right to complain
You have the option of lodging a complaint with us or a data privacy supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR). Of course, you can contact us directly if you have any questions, comments or complaints.
d) Right to object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you also have the right to object as follows:
(1) Individual right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Article 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. e) GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR (data processing on the basis of a balancing of interests), which includes profiling based on this provision within the meaning of Article 4 point 4 GDPR.
If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal information, unless we can provide compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests, rights and freedoms or the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
(2) Right to object to the processing of data for advertising purposes
In individual cases, we process your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing. You have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. Where you object to processing for direct marketing processes, your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes.
®The revocation can be filed without any condition as to form with the entity specified under clause 1 of this data privacy statement.
18. Data security
(1) We have implemented technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against loss, destruction, manipulation and unauthorized access. All our employees and all those who are involved with the data processing are obligated to comply with the requirements of the GDPR and to treat personal information as confidential. Our security measures are continuously revised in accordance with the latest technological developments.
(2) During your webshop visit, we use the widely-used SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. This is usually 256-bit encryption. This is done to protect against abuse of your information by third parties and to protect your financial transaction information when placing orders through the webshop. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we instead make use of 128-bit technology. You can see if individual pages of our website are transmitted in encrypted form from the closed padlock or key icon in the lower status bar of your browser.